Monday, January 02, 2012

It's time to say goodbye to Winter Break

And we did it by going ice skating at Whole Foods.  Brian luckily also had today off and although we have one more day of winter break, it feels like it is officially over.  I enjoyed every single second of it.  Every single one. Even the feverish, coughing, crying, fussing, and whining ones.  It was such a gift to be off for 13 days in a row, in our lovely city, and in our very warm and inviting home.  I was most tickled with getting to see Stella and Phoebe be together for that amount of time.  During the week, their time together is very limited and usually slightly rushed.  These past two weeks being able to watch them interact together all day has been just priceless.  I hope they continue to have this much fun together for years to come.

Stella did great at ice skating this year. She spent some time on her own and never held onto the railing.  A lot of time was spent holding my hand, which was fun, but back breaking at times.

Waiting for our turn on the ice


Phoebe wanted to get on the ice

Skating solo


Phoebe taking a new interest in photography


This was the back breaking part


Skating success!


Me and my almost (gasp) 4 year old!




2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hooray for the return of the blog! What a wonderful thing. Hoping I'll be inspired, too. :) xo Jenn

Brooke and Brian Anderson said...

Thanks, Jenn! I really hope it does inspire you as I always enjoyed reading your blog! Just remember, although it takes some time, it is a really nice way of having a chronological memory book. And blogspot did some updates so it is actually quite easier. Give it a try!