Sunday, January 01, 2012

Ringing in the New Year

Christmas 2011 and New Year's 2012 will be remembered for the fun and the fevers.  We celebrated the New Year with a kid friendly, early dinner at our lovely friends Emily and Ethan's house. They made a delicious Italian feast it was so nice to have a relaxing dinner while the girls all played with no parental involvement needed.  Stella had a wicked dry cough all day, but without any other symptoms I assumed she was developing her first case of Cedar allergies.  But when we arrived home, we realized Stella had a fever.  We felt terrible inflicting her germs on our friends, but we had no idea a fever was brewing. So here it is, the first day of 2012 and we are ringing in the new year with a constant cough, fever and sniffles.  I am hoping for health in the rest of the year.  


Phoebe dressed up for her New Year's Eve dinner party

Stella with her new favorite obsession:  Candy Land

I think I will see this look quite often in about 10 more years

My 2012 celebration Lemon Cake.  I think it was the 2nd cake I made in my life.

Stella and Daisy playing

New Year's Sick Day

We are living in jammies today.

No comments: