Sunday, September 27, 2009

Brian, Stella and I went to the Austin Nature and Science Center last weekend and really enjoyed ourselves. I can't believe I have lived in Austin 10 years and never went. It was Museum Day in Austin so that had all sorts of nice volunteers showing off cool science projects that were a bit over our, I mean Stella's, head. ;) But Stella had a blast at the "Dino Pit" where you got to dig for fossils.
Future Archaeologist?
Standing on a fossil, figuring out her next dig spot.
Really, it was like a giant sand box. The Nature Center also has rescued animals and Stella really loved the Coyote.
After 20 months, we finally paid for a babysitter! Crazy. I guess because we shell out such a large chunk 'o change for daycare every month we really try to avoid spending more on child care. We have been pretty fortunate and have either traded services with friends or utilized our kind relatives (AKA Jeff and Shannon) when we have had actual reasons to go out sans Stella. We are so lucky and have Letty, Stella's former teacher, as a babysitter. Stella was so excited to see her and had a great time. Letty is a pro and we trust her like family. Now we need to come up with another reason to hire a babysitter!

No comments: