This Christmas was one for the record books. Phoebe was very ill with
an ear infection and most likely a sinus infection also. She has this
horrible history of spiking very high fevers. The first few times were
utterly terrifying but now I am getting used to seeing 104.5 on the
thermometer, however, I really don't enjoy seeing it. On Christmas Eve
she was running her 3rd night of fever and at one point she felt like
lava and it was about 105 degrees. So off to Walgreen's Brian was sent
to get us some Children's Tylenol (We already maxed her out on her Advil
and she needed some relief). He got to experience a pharmacy at 3 am
on Christmas Eve, apparently it was business as usual...how odd.
Needless to say, Christmas morning was rather exhausting. Phoebe was
cranky, sleepy and clingy. Brian and I were exhausted and poor Stella
just wanted to open those gifts immediately. She wasn't liking having
to wait to give her sister her medicine and allow me to make coffee to
revive us from our sleepless night. But we enjoyed our day very much.
We all took a very needed Christmas nap and got to spend the rest of the
day with all the many new toys Santa brought the girls.
Phoebe, feverish and miserable
Stella showing off her new doll house
All Stella asked Santa for was a "Boots" the Monkey stuffed animal. She was delighted to find him peaking out of her stocking on Christmas morning. He he is taking a ride down Phoebe's new toy.
Yeah for antibiotics and advil!!
1 comment:
Ah, those Christmas memories! The photos are great and hopefully what will remain in your mind is the good time had by all. I'm sorry we didn't get to share the day with you but I'm glad you weren't away from home when Phoebe's temp went so high. She ~ and you ~ would have been even more miserable.
Post a Comment