Monday, January 19, 2009

One Year Old!











Stella celebrated her first birthday with cupcakes, swings, slides, friends and family. She had a great time despite a little fall which resulted in a scraped nose and cheek. I could see sugar addict in her future as she really devoured her first cupcake. It is really hard to believe that one year has gone by. I have realized that I would always love my child but I never realized how much I would like her and how much fun it would be getting to know her.

Now that she is one, Stella is taking steps, pointing and grunting for what she wants which usually includes food, she dances, quite well actually, she sort of has a word for her favorite friend, Puck, it sounds like Buck instead. She brings books and herself to your lap and begs to be read to, she points at the back door begging to go on the swing, she laughs all the time, especially when reading Eric Carle's "I can do it" book, she likes to point to pictures, she loves her teachers and missed them when she was away for over a week. Her favorite toys are definitely still puzzle pieces, blocks, her car, and her books. She loves her books. She's a lot of fun and has filled this past year with much more love and joy than I could have ever imagined.

No comments: